Megatrends: Construction Materials to Meet the Challenge
14 Mar 2019
- Holcim Australia is a leading supplier of construction materials in Australia, originally serving the industry under the well-known Readymix and Humes brands dating back to 1901. Today Holcim continues to supply essential construction materials including aggregates, sand, readymix concrete, engineered precast concrete and prestressed concrete solutions to a range of customers and projects throughout Australia.
- Holcim believes there are five mega trends that will impact the building & construction industry in the coming years. These trends are:
- Global population growth
- Urbanisation & megacities
- Increased demand for better living standards
- Increased demand for sustainable construction solutions
- Each of these trends will require a different solution from the construction industry. Holcim as part of the LafargeHolcim group has been developing a range of products in their Research & Development facility in Lyon, France. Some of these products are available today and others are in development. This presentation will focus on a few of the products and provide an insight into how they can be used to help address these megatrends
- The sustainable construction solutions megatrend driven by the Paris Agreement’s call to minimise the impact of climate change and the European Union’s transition to a circular economy has increased the demand for improved environmental performance in construction materials.
- Holcim is looking to provide low carbon concrete, an essential component of low-embodied impact structures and a major variable in the decarbonisation of the building and infrastructure sectors. Globally, Holcim is responding to these challenges through their ‘2030 Sustainability Plan’ and this paper will present some of our initiatives from around the world and in Australia, including ViroDecs, the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for Holcim ready-mixed concrete sold into the Australian market. When published in early 2019, ViroDecs will be the first EPD for ready-mix concrete in Australia.
- As part of this presentation we will share insights from our decision to pursue an EPD, based on our understanding of key market drivers for greater transparency of environmental performance in the property and infrastructure sector.
What the Australian construction industry is saying about Sydney Build...
The Perfect Hire team and I thought the expo was fantastic. There was a great mix of people walking through looking at the exhibitions and we have gained a lot of quality leads due to this. We did not hesitate to sign up for the following year when approached to do so.
This expo has 100 percent given us very goods leads we could follow up on. This is the best form of marketing we’ve done so far. We’ve been able to connect with leads that are usually very difficult to get in contact with. We’re definitely coming back next year.
The show has a good variety of content including conference, summit and the exhibition itself. We got some quality leads as well. We will definitely come again next year.
I just wanted to say to you and the team, great job on an excellent event. I'd been in years before and this one was by far the best. You had great traffic. I was actually surprised. I'm definitely interested in a bigger speaking role next year and I'll likely exhibit.
We got some quality leads. The show is managed by very nice organizers. We enjoyed the content and environment of the show a lot.
The show is excellent for the business. There’s lots of good quality people to do business with. This is also the best show we’ve ever been to.
View More Testimonials