How the smartphone is changing construction safety - empowering workers to be digital
14 Mar 2019
- Research by McKinsey shows that construction is among the world’s least digitized industries and that “large projects across asset classes typically take 20% longer to finish than scheduled and are up to 80% over budget."
- The advent of the smartphone means there is more technology on site and in the pockets of workers than ever before (87% of workers on have a smartphone*)
- 'Top down' software still dominates procurement and implementation playbooks. Principal contractors are equipped with digital tools to manage jobs better but are not taking full advantage by leveraging the tech on site at the worker level to help create a network of devices that enable sites to run safer and more productively.
- Building this network with the technology om site (the smartphone in everyone's pocket) offers the opportunity to provide visibility into:
- composition of workforce
- operator identification (interface with plant and machinery)
- headcount monitoring
- per worker safety alerts
- evacuation and nurse call
- actionable insights based on big data
What the Australian construction industry is saying about Sydney Build...
The Perfect Hire team and I thought the expo was fantastic. There was a great mix of people walking through looking at the exhibitions and we have gained a lot of quality leads due to this. We did not hesitate to sign up for the following year when approached to do so.
This expo has 100 percent given us very goods leads we could follow up on. This is the best form of marketing we’ve done so far. We’ve been able to connect with leads that are usually very difficult to get in contact with. We’re definitely coming back next year.
The show has a good variety of content including conference, summit and the exhibition itself. We got some quality leads as well. We will definitely come again next year.
We got some quality leads. The show is managed by very nice organizers. We enjoyed the content and environment of the show a lot.
The show is excellent for the business. There’s lots of good quality people to do business with. This is also the best show we’ve ever been to.
View More Testimonials